I received a UPI collect request from Zerodha which I did not raise. Why?
You may receive a UPI collect request even when you have not raised it in the following scenarios:
- Another Zerodha client has mistakenly entered your UPI ID while trying to add funds on Kite. In such scenarios, the fund transfer would fail even if you approve the transaction since your bank account will not be mapped to their trading account with Zerodha.
- Someone has access to your account and placed a request for you to add funds. If you have not shared your login details with anyone, you could be a victim of a phishing attack where the fraudster is trying to get you to add funds to your account. Subsequently, they would plan to execute fraudulent transactions in your account with the transferred funds - read more. You should immediately reset your Kite login credentials in this scenario.
- A fraudster has registered Zerodha as their name in a UPI app and has sent you the request. The request will be from a UPI ID other than the ones listed below:
- while adding funds on the Kite trading platform-
[email protected], or
- [email protected] - when you open your account with Zerodha.
In case you have received such requests, please email us at [email protected] or raise a ticket below.