View all categories

How do I convert my NRI account to a resident account?

To convert your NRE/NRO account to a resident trading & demat account the following documents would be required:

Account modification form
Required to update the bank and address details of your demat account
Trading account closure form
Required for closing the NRI trading account (2 copies if you're holdings both NRE and NRO accounts)
Trading application form
Required for opening a resident trading account
One. Paste on the KYC form and sign across it.
PAN card
1 copy, self-attested
Address proof
1 copy, self-attested  - (Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, Aadhar Card, Bank statement, etc. -Any 1)
Income proof
1 copy, self-attested -  (Latest salary slip, ITR, Form 16, 6-month bank Statement, etc. - Any 1) -Needed for derivatives trading(FO, CDS, and MCX)
Bank proof
Personalized canceled cheque(name printed on it) or bank statement or bank passbook copy(With visible bank account number, MICR and IFSC code)

Only one account can be converted to resident account either NRE or NRO. Since a brokerage firm cannot open multiple resident trading accounts with the same PAN details, we will do a closure cum transfer for the other account.