Is attestation of supporting documents mandatory for opening NRI accounts?
Attestation is compulsory in the following scenario:
If you aren’t KYC verified as an NRI, you will need to get the attestation of the PAN, Passport and Foreign Address proof from one of the following -
- Authorised officials of overseas branches of scheduled commercial banks registered in India
- Public notaries
- Court magistrate
- Multi-National banks having operations in India
- Indian embassy/consulate general in the country of residence
Attestation is not required for the following scenarios:
- If you are present in India and visiting any of our branches/partner offices, the attestation wouldn't be required. You can submit the self-attested documents along with a copy of the latest immigration stamping. (Please carry the original while visiting our office)
- Attestation is not required if your current NRI address is registered in your KYC.