What are the charges for NRI accounts at Zerodha?
The account opening charges for an NRI trading and demat account is ₹500.
The brokerage and other charges are as follows:
- For a non-PIS account : 0.5% or ₹100 per executed order for equity, whichever is lower.
- For PIS account : 0.5% or ₹200 per executed order for equity, whichever is lower. See How can I open a Zerodha trading and demat account as an NRI? to know the difference between a PIS and a non-PIS account.
- The brokerage for F&O is ₹100 per order. Zerodha’s custodian partner Orbis additionally charges ₹150/crore for futures and ₹1500/crore for options as clearing charges on a monthly basis. NRIs are allowed to trade in F&O only through a custodial account. Please create a ticket for assistance with Orbis onboarding. To know more about Orbis, visit orbisfinancial.in/.
- STT, transaction charges, GST, SEBI charges etc. can be found by visiting zerodha.com/charges#tab-equities.
- ₹500 + 18% GST as yearly Account Maintenance Charges (AMC) charges. AMC is charged per quarter, i.e., every three months starting from the account opening date and is deducted from the Zerodha account.