How to open a Zerodha account offline?
To open an offline account, the following documents are required:
- Equity trading and demat account form (PDF).
- DDPI, optional (PDF). Submitting DDPI is optional. Clients who have opened accounts online can use the CDSL TPIN to authorise the debit of securities. To know more, see How to generate the CDSL TPIN required to authorise the CNC sell transactions?
- Commodity account form (PDF).
- A passport-size photograph to affix and sign across on the equity and commodity applications.
- Self-attested copy of the PAN with the signature under Applicant signature.
- Self-attested address proof. Any one of the following documents: Driving licence, voter ID, passport, Aadhaar card. If Aadhaar is being submitted as proof, ensure that a masked Aadhaar is submitted, i.e., black out the first 8 digits of the Aadhaar number. Only the last four digits should be visible. To download a masked Aadhaar online, visit myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and tick the Do you want a masked Aadhaar? option while downloading Aadhaar.
- A bank account proof in the client's name. The bank proof can be one of the following: A personalised cancelled cheque with the name printed on it, bank statement, bank passbook copy with the bank account number, bank logo, seal, MICR, and IFSC code clearly visible.
- An income proof to trade in F&O. The income proof can be one of the following:
- Bank statement for the last six months with an average balance of more than ₹10,000.
- The latest salary slip with gross monthly income exceeding ₹15,000.
- ITR acknowledgement with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
- Form 16 with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
- Certificate of net worth more than ₹10,00,000.
- Statement of demat holdings with current holdings value exceeding ₹10,000.
In-person Verification (IPV)
As part of the mandatory In-Person Verification (IPV) requirement for all brokers, Webcam or a physical verification is required. See What is In-Person Verification (IPV), and why is it required?
Need help? Call Zerodha’s new account opening desk at 080 4719 2020, 080 7117 5337 or create a ticket.
Once all the documents are ready, e-mail the soft copy of all the forms to [email protected] The forms will be reviewed in case any corrections are required. After the forms are reviewed, courier the documents and a cheque in favour of Zerodha Broking Limited for the following amount:
- ₹400 towards Equity trading account opening charges.
- ₹600 towards Equity and Commodity trading account opening charges.
Courier all the documents to the following address:
153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru - 560078
To know all the charges involved while trading and investing, visit zerodha.com/charges#tab-equities.
Did you know? If the account holder is a senior citizen and cannot sign the forms, a medical certificate and a thumb impression of the account holder on a sheet of paper must be sent along with the other documents.