How to open a Zerodha account offline?
To open a resident individual account offline, submit the following documents:
- Equity trading and demat account form (PDF) . Follow these instructions (PDF) to fill out the form.
- A passport size photograph is to be affixed and signed across.
- Self-attested PAN copy.
- Self-attested address proof. Any one of the following documents: Driving licence, voter ID, passport, Aadhaar card or bank statement.
Income proof is required to enable F&O. Any one of the following documents:
- Bank statement for the last 6 months with an average balance of more than ₹10,000. (Statement must be in the name of the Zerodha account holder.)
- ITR acknowledgement with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
- Form 16 with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
- Certificate of net worth more than ₹10,00,000.
- Statement of demat holdings with current holdings value exceeding ₹10,000.
- Bank proof. Any one of the following documents: Personalised cancelled cheque with the name printed on it or bank statement or bank passbook copy with the bank account number, MICR and IFSC code visible.
- Power of Attorney, optional (PDF) . The POA allows brokers to debit shares from the demat account. See, What is Power of Attorney (POA), and why is it needed? Alternatively, shares can be sold without the POA using the CDSL TPIN. See How do I generate the CDSL TPIN required to authorise my CNC sell transactions?
For assistance, call 080 47192020, 080 71175337 or create a ticket .
Did you know? If the account holder is a senior citizen and cannot sign the forms, a medical certificate and a thumb impression of the account holder on a sheet of paper must be sent along with the other documents.
The account opening charges are as follows:
|Equity trading and demat account||₹400|
|Equity trading, demat and commodity account||₹600|
To pay the account opening charges, write a cheque in favour of Zerodha Broking Ltd.
Once the documents are ready, courier them to:
153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru - 560078
The account will be opened within 48 working hours of receiving the forms if all the documents are in order.