Why is the buy average for some mutual funds shown as a discrepancy?
The buy average will be displayed with a discrepant symbol in the following cases:
- If the mutual funds have been transferred from another demat account to Zerodha, but the original purchase price is not updated.
- If the mutual funds have been dematerialised.
A discrepant symbol will be displayed in the following places:
Under the Holdings section on Coin.
To fix the discrepancy, follow these steps:
- Visit console.zerodha.com/dashboard.
- Click on Portfolio and then Holdings.
- Click on Options and then on View discrepancy.
- Click on the fund and then on Add trade.
- Enter the Purchase date, Avg price, Qty and Type as others.
In case of a partial discrepancy, the transactions that are already available in the MF trade book will show up under the View transactions option. If a few discrepant entries are added, it is displayed on Coin as shown below:
The buy average will be calculated as per the price entered and will be displayed under holdings.
To edit or delete a discrepant entry, follow these steps:
- Click on Options.
- To edit, click on Edit trade and make the required changes.
- To delete, click on Delete trade.
The discrepant entry can only be edited or deleted while the status is Pending. Once the recalculation is complete, the trade entry cannot be edited or deleted and the buy average will be permanently set.
The average price for the holdings will be calculated based on the First In First Out (FIFO) principle after considering the discrepant entry. The buy average is updated within 24 working hours after the discrepant entry is made.
Did you know? Newly allotted units may have the buy average as NA. To know more, see Why are the newly allotted units shown as NA on the Coin app?