Why did Zerodha square off my position?
Zerodha will close your position in the following scenarios -
2. You have a position where you have not maintained the necessarily required margins. You will be sent a margin call and if you don't bring in the required funds, your position will be squared off at the discretion of our RMS team.
1. You have a BO/CO/MIS position which you haven't closed even after the designated square off time.
Typically the intra-day auto square off timings are as below:
|Particular||Equity/Cash||Equity Derivatives||Currency Derivatives||Commodities|
|Auto square off time||3:20 pm||3:20 pm||4:30 pm||25 minutes before Close|
3. If your MTM losses exceed 50% your position will be squared off.
4. Pledged shares squared off in case of a drop in the value of shares or loss in collateral margins.
5. Your open positions can be squared off if you place an unpledge request for your pledged shares but don't have adequate cash balance.