How can a nominee claim shares after the account holder's death?
Please read this article that explains the documents to be given before proceeding with the steps mentioned below.
When the account holder passes away, the nominee should send the following documents to our head office:
- Transmission Request Form (TRF) ( PDF ) to transfer up to 3 securities. If there are more securities, use annexure of transmission ( PDF ) additionally.
- Original or copy of the death certificate of the deceased holder duly notarized/attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- The hard copy of Client Master Report(CMR) with DP seal and signature, in case the nominee has a demat account in individual capacity with another DP. If they have a Zerodha account, then it is not required.
- Nominee/s ID proof.
- Nominee/s cancelled cheque or bank statement.
Note: If a Nominee doesn’t have an account, you can open one instantly online. You can open an account here . If you need any help with the account opening, you can get in touch with us on 080 47192020 / 080 71175337
Please send all the above documents to the following address (via post, registered post, speed post or courier):
153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru - 560078
The forms can be sent via post, registered post, speed post or courier.
- The transmission process takes 15 days to complete.
- Lock-in shares will be moved to the nominee/successors CDSL demat accounts only.