How can a PMS firm open a trading account at Zerodha?
A PMS (Portfolio Management Services) firm can open a trading account with Zerodha in the equity cash and F&O segments. You can raise a ticket below to request help with the account opening documents or to get the list of charges applicable.
The documents required to be submitted depend on the constitution of the PMS:
In case of a corporate entity -
- Trading application form (with company seal affixed & signed by the authorised signatory)
- CMR copy of demat account
- PAN card copy and address proof of the company (with company seal affixed & signed by the authorised signatory)
- PAN card copy and address proof of each Whole-Time Director (self-attested)
- Bank statement or canceled cheque (of the PMS account)
- Last 2 years' balance sheet copy (with company seal affixed & signed by the authorised signatory)
- Certificate of Incorporation (with company seal)
- MOA & AOA of the company (with seal affixed & signed by the authorised signatory on the 1st 4 pages)
- FATCA declaration (with company seal affixed & signed by the authorised signatory)
- Filled annexures & board resolution on company letterhead (with company seal affixed & signed by the authorised signatory)
- Individual KYC of all Whole-Time Directors
- Annexure A (any individual having 25% shareholding or share of profits has to be identified as the ultimate beneficiary)
- CP allotment letter from the exchange
In case of an LLP -
- Duly filled copies of Trading application form with a photograph of Authorized Signatory affixed and signed across.
- Duly filled Annexures needed for an LLP (with the authorized partner's signature and the firm's seal affixed on the authorized partner's signature).
- Copy of the LLP Agreement duly attested by a notary public (investment clause must be mentioned). The first 3 pages of the LLP agreement (on all pages if lesser) should have the seal and signature of the Authorized Signatory.
- A copy of the PAN - PAN card copy of the Firm & PAN card of each individual Partner (Attested by each such partner).
- Address proof - Address Proof copy of the Firm & Address Proof copy of all the partners (Attested by Each Individual Partner).
- Proof of Bank Account (Specimen copy of cancelled check leaf/Bank Statement/Bank Passbook/Letter from Bank).
- Copy of Balance Sheet of the Firm for the last 2 Financial Years* (to be submitted every year)
If the firm is newly incorporated then, a net worth certificate from CA. (The balance sheet should have the seal and signature of the Authorized Signatory on all the pages)
- Income Proof which shall include:
- 6 month Bank statement/passbook of the partnership account.
- Latest audited Profit and Loss statement.
- ITR (Income tax return) Acknowledgement
- If the Company is newly incorporated, then a net worth certificate from a Chartered Accountant and an Income Tax Return declaration is required. If the return hasn't been filed, a declaration of Income Tax returns has to be submitted.
Note: If any of the partners is a foreign national or an NRI, then the KYC forms have to be notarized by Authorized officials of overseas branches of scheduled commercial banks registered in India, public notaries, court magistrate, judge, or the Indian embassy/consulate general in the country that they reside.
- Duly filled Board resolution.
- Copy of Certificate of Registration (For Registered LLP Firms only) (Investment clause must be mentioned).
- Latest percentage interest of each partner/ shareholding in the Partnership firm, attested by a partner.
- FATCA Declaration.
- Individual KYC form filled and signed by each partner (Partners have to sign without the stamp on individual KYC's and supporting docs)
- If an individual is a shareholder of the applicant, having more than 15% of profits sharing of the applicant, the individual should identify as an ultimate beneficiary and is required to submit Annexure A.
- If an entity is a shareholder of the applicant, having more than 25% of shareholding or capital or profits of the applicant, the entity should identify as an ultimate beneficiary and is required to submit Annexure-A along with -
- self-attested copies of the KYC documents of the Whole Time Director/ Individual Promoters of such an entity holding 25% or more; AND
- shareholding pattern (with the company letterhead) of the entity holding 25% or more.
- Account opening cheque favouring "Zerodha Broking Limited": Rs. 500 towards equity trading account opening charges
- KYC of the company and the Promoters/Directors of the Company.
- Pan card and address proof of the company
- Pan card and address proof of the directors with self-attestation (without the stamp)
- MOA and AOA of the company (The company's MOA should authorize the company to be a partner in the LLP)
- Balance sheet for the latest two years, If the company is newly incorporated then we required a net worth certificate from CA along with ITR Declaration annexure.
- Required Board resolution, Latest shareholding pattern, List of directors Annexure, Annexure-A with specimen signature and photograph (these annexures and board resolution are to be provided on the company's letterhead)
- Certificate of incorporation with authorized director seal and signature.
- The partnership deed should allow the firm to trade in secondary markets.
- Authority Letter in favour of Managing Partners should be on Letterhead of the Firm.
- All the documents need to be signed by the Managing Partner
- Seal of the Partnership Firm to be put where signatures are made.
- In case of a new Partnership Firm, provide Balance Sheet after the close of immediate Financial Year.
- The Bank proof should contain the Bank name, Branch address, IFSC/MICR code, Name of the account holder, account number.