I already have an existing account with Zerodha, can I still open a 3 in 1 account?
Yes, you can convert your existing account to a 3-in-1 account if the primary bank account linked at Zerodha is an IDFC FIRST Bank account. The procedure to do so is as follows -
1. Visit https://signup.zerodha.com/idfc and click on continue with Kite.
2. Verify your 'Personal details' and 'Bank details' and click on “Convert to IDFC FIRST Bank 3-IN-1 ACCOUNT”
3. Download the 'Common POA', print it out and fill it up. After filling it up, send it to our Head office address -
Zerodha H.O [No.153/154 4th Cross Dollars Colony,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
J.P Nagar 4th Phase, Bangalore - 560078]
Once we receive your POA, we will process it within 24-48 hours. Once this is done, your 3-in-1 account will be opened and you can begin enjoying its benefits.
1. There are no charges for the converting of your existing account to a 3-in-1 account. However, for change in primary bank, you will be charged Rs 25 + 18% GST.
2. After you convert you account into a 3-in-1 account, you can still transfer funds into your trading account from your other secondary bank account if any.
3. In case you get a message stating "Your IDFC bank details don't match" it may be because:
a. The mobile number in the Bank account and the one registered in the Zerodha account is different. You can update your mobile number needs to be changed at the bank account or at Zerodha. Here's how you can update your mobile number for your Zerodha account
b. The Bank account linked maybe having you as secondary or third holder- The bank account should be in your name or you must be the first holder if it is a joint account.