How can NRI account holders set up 2FA security to log in to Kite?
- Since SMS OTP is not currently supported for NRI account holders, select Receive on Email option to receive the OTP on the registered email ID.
As per regulations
it is mandatory to enable TOTP 2Factor login for trading accounts before 30th Sep 2022, failing which, logging into Kite will not be possible.
To set up 2FA security, NRI account holders can follow these steps:
- Visit kite.zerodha.com.
- Click on Forgot user ID or password?
- Enter the User ID and PAN.
- Select Receive on Email, enter the email ID and captcha, and click on Reset.
- A reset link will be sent to the registered email ID.
- Click on Reset password and 2FA in the email.
- Enter the new password and click on Continue.
- Select Method 2: External authenticator and click on Setup TOTP.
- Set up an external authenticator such as Authy. To download Authy, visit authy.com/download.
- Click on Can’t scan? Copy key.
- Set up the TOTP on Authy.
- In the Enter the 6 digit app TOTP field, enter the TOTP generated on Authy and click on Continue.
- The password will be reset. Click on Login here to continue.
Login to Kite using TOTP.
Did you know? If the TOTP tokens are backed up on Authy, they will be available across devices. Therefore, TOTP can be accessed from any other devices with Authy installed.