What is the procedure to open an account as a visually impaired or illiterate person at Zerodha?
- Visually impaired and illiterate clients cannot open an account online.
- As per the regulations, new accounts cannot be opened if the PAN is not linked with Aadhar. Even if Aadhar is successfully linked with PAN, it must still be updated in the IT records, which can take up to 7 working days. To learn more, see How to link PAN with Aadhaar?
To open an account as a visually impaired or illiterate client, the following documents must be filled out in the presence of the Zerodha representative:
- Equity application form (PDF)
- Commodity application form (PDF)
- Declaration form (PDF)
- Vernacular risk disclosure document (RDD) (PDF)
Follow these instructions while filling up the account opening forms:
The left thumb impression for males and the right thumb impression for female clients instead of signatures wherever mandated in the application forms and the supporting documentation.
- Notary or doctor's attestation is required on the top right-hand corner of the Zerodha logo on the KYC page and on the PAN and address proof. Fill in all the details, including witness details, on the declaration form.
- The Risk Disclosure Document (RDD) should have the signature of the person who has done the documentation on behalf of the client and the name and signature of the witness to the documentation. The implications of the RDD must be explained in vernacular language (PDF) as well, and the RDD must be signed in the client's vernacular language.
To schedule a visit from the Zerodha representative, create a ticket from the registered email ID.
Account opening charges: A cheque in favour of Zerodha Broking Limited for the following amount:
- ₹500 towards Equity and Commodity trading account opening charges.
There are no charges for the Zerodha representative visiting the client’s residence. The account will be opened in 72 working hours once the forms are delivered to our head office.
Need help? Call on 080 4719 2020 or 080 7117 5337 or create a ticket.