How to use CDSL TPIN to redeem or sell the mutual funds on Coin web?
A CDSL TPIN is needed to authorise debiting mutual fund units from the demat account when redeeming or selling mutual fund holdings. CDSL TPIN is sent on the registered mobile number and in an email from [email protected] CDSL TPIN can also be generated from edis.cdslindia.com/home/generatepin.
To use the CDSL TPIN to authorise and redeem mutual fund units, follow the steps below:
- Click on the fund from the Holdings section.
- Click on Redeem.
- Enter the mutual fund units to be redeemed and click on Redeem .
- Click on Confirm and then on Continue.
- Click on Manage authorisations and select the fund and units to be authorised.
- Click on Continue to CDSL.
- Enter the TPIN and click on Verify.
- Once the TPIN is verified, an OTP is sent to the registered mobile number and email. Enter the OTP to complete the sell authorisation.
- Place a redemption request once again.
Did you know? The authorisation is valid for a maximum of one day (until 3:00 PM), after which the holdings will have to be authorised once again.