How to apply for an Offer for sale (OFS)?
Visit console.zerodha.com/portfolio/corporate-action-order-window to see the current OFS and follow the steps below. See What is an Offer For Sale (OFS)?
1. Click on Options and select Place order .
2. Place the bids. For retail orders, bids can be placed at the cut-off price¹ by selecting the Market order checkbox.
- The cut-off time for placing OFS orders on NSE is 3:30 PM on the offer end date, whereas on BSE the cut-off time is 2:30 PM for OFS on the offer end date. Ensure sufficient funds in the trading account on the offer end date before the cut-off time to get the allotment.
- A charge of ₹20+GST per order will be charged for every OFS order placed.
- Zerodha will not be funding the OFS purchase. However, if the trading account results in a debit for any reason, post allotment of OFS, interest at the rate of 0.05% will be charged on the debit balance.
- The order acceptance period and other details of the OFS like floor price² (Minimum bid price), maximum allowed quantity per investor, maximum allowed investment per investor, allocation methodology etc. can be found on the Zerodha Bulletin.
- The credit from stocks sold on the same day, i.e., up to 80 % can be used to place an OFS order.
¹ The chances of getting an OFS allotment varies depending on the allotment methodology adopted by the selling company. Unlike IPOs, a bid at the cut-off price does not always ensure that the bid will be considered. To learn more, see Why was the OFS allotment not received even though the request was placed before the cut-off?
²Non-retail orders can be placed at the floor price or higher. Multiple orders can be placed by following the same steps in both retail and non-retail categories. See NSE FAQ on OFS .