How do I open an Orbis custodial account to trade restricted Nifty and Bank Nifty strikes?
Zerodha offers a custodial account in partnership with Orbis Financial, a SEBI-registered custodian, to allow trading in Nifty and Bank Nifty strikes restricted by OI limitations. See Why am I not able to place Bank Nifty, Nifty option orders for certain strike prices?
In this setup, you transfer funds to the custodian instead of transferring to your trading account, and the custodian in turn settles your trades with the clearing corporation. It is possible to disable the custodian account and migrate back to the regular account in case it doesn’t work for you.
How do I open a custodial account?
Please create a ticket below and our team will get in touch with you and help you with the process.
What does a custodial account entail?
While you can continue to use our trading platforms and all other other products, the following limitations apply:
- Only index and stock F&O and commodity trades are allowed. Equities and currencies are not allowed. The trading charges remain the same as a regular Zerodha account.
- Holdings cannot be pledged as collateral for trading.
- Funds can only be added to your custodian account via net banking or UPI. IMPS, NEFT and RTGS are not supported.
- The fund statement and ledger reports are not available on the Zerodha backoffice, Console. They can be availed by creating a ticket below.
- Trade obligations are not shown in the contract notes sent by Zerodha and are only available in the margin statements sent by Orbis.
Since funds are handled by Orbis, withdrawal requests have to be submitted to Orbis instead of the Zerodha backoffice, Console. See
How do I place a fund withdrawal request for my Orbis account?