How can I trade all Nifty and Bank Nifty options on Zerodha?
You are unable to trade in all the strikes of nifty and bank nifty options on Zerodha because of the Open interest limitation.
The position limit set by the exchange of a trading member or broker (in this case Zerodha) in nifty and bank nifty index option contracts is limited to 500 crores or 15% of the total open interest in the market. Since Zerodha has a substantial number of clients actively trading in index options, the position limit is usually met.
Due to the above limitation, the allowed trading range is restricted to keep the OI utilisation within sanctioned limits. However, we have tied up with - Orbis Financial to curb the limitation and to enable trades in all Nifty and Bank Nifty options contracts for our clients.
To start trading in all the Nifty and Bank Nifty options, you will have to open a custodian account with Orbis, but you need not worry about the change in the platform as you will continue to trade with us using Kite.
In this setup, the custodian will settle your funds and trades instead of directly settling with us. As more Zerodha clients move to Orbis, the overall OI utilisation for us will also reduce.
Although you will still be able to use Kite, there are some restrictions:
- You will only be able to trade in F&O(Index and stock) and Commodity F&O(MCX). The equity and currencies segment will be blocked for you.
- You will not be able to pledge holdings as collateral while trading.
- IMPS/NEFT/RTGS will not be available for adding funds. You can continue to add funds using UPI or net banking and also, the funds will be instantly available to trade.
- You can request the ledger report by raising a ticket here .
- You will not be able to have the 3in1 IDFC facility.
- If your Orbis account is mapped with Zerodha, you will not be able to place the withdrawal request in Console. To do so you have to fill up the form at this link manually.
- As Orbis settles Funds/trades, none of the obligations will be shown in the contract note by Zerodha, You have to refer to the margin statement sent by Orbis.
Please raise a ticket below to request migration of your account to Orbis and our team will reach out to help.
Note: it can take up to 4-6 weeks to complete migration to Orbis, once you confirm your interest.