What is disclosed quantity feature and how to use it?
Disclosed quantity allows you to disclose only a part of the actual quantity you want to buy/sell. Once the disclosed quantity is specified by the client, the order is sent to the exchange and only the disclosed quantity will be shown on the market screen.
The disclosed quantity, if entered should not be greater than or equal to the order quantity and should also not be less than 10% of the order quantity.
Eg: If the customer wants to buy/sell 25000 shares, with a disclosed quantity condition of 5000 shares, only 5000 shares will be displayed to the market at a time. After this is traded, another 5000 shares will be automatically released until the order is fully executed.
Disclosed quantity can’t be used when trading futures & options.
Different exchanges have different disclosed quantities:
- NSE/BSE (Equity) = Disclosed quantity cannot be less than 10% of your order.
- MCX-SX (Equity) = Disclosed quantity cannot be less than 25% of your order.
- NSE/MCX (CDS) = Disclosed quantity cannot be less than 25% of your order.
- NSE/BSE/MCX-SX (F&O) = There is no disclosed quantity option. You can place multiple orders if you want to buy/sell huge quantity without shaking up the market.
- MCX (Commodity) = Disclosed quantity cannot be less than 25% of your order.