What is the trade from chart feature, and how to use it?
- This feature is currently available only on ChartIQ for single chart window and not for multiple chart windows.
- This feature is not available for TradingView charts.
The trade from chart feature is used to place orders directly from the charts on the Kite web. Only Limit and Stop Loss Limit (SL) orders can be placed using this feature. Orders can be placed by clicking on Trade on the top-right side of the chart and dragging the window up or down to set the price.
- If a buy order is placed below the Current Market Price (CMP), a limit order will be placed.
- If a buy order is placed above the CMP, an SL order will be placed.
- If a sell order is placed above the CMP, a limit order will be placed.
- If a sell order is placed below the CMP, an SL order will be placed.
Did you know? The trade from charts feature isn't available for the Heiken-Ashi charts since the price shown on the Heiken-Ashi charts are different from the Last Traded Price (LTP). To know more, see Why is there a difference in the LTP on the marketwatch and the chart?