What is the trade from chart feature, and how to use it?
The trade from chart feature is used to place orders directly from the charts on the Kite web. Only Limit and Stop Loss Limit (SL) orders can be placed using this feature.
Orders can be placed by clicking on
on the top-right side of the chart
and dragging the window up or down to set the price.
- If a buy order is placed below the Current Market Price (CMP), a limit order will be placed.
- If a buy order is placed above the CMP, an SL order will be placed.
- If a sell order is placed above the CMP, a limit order will be placed.
- If a sell order is placed below the CMP, an SL order will be placed.
The Trade panel feature on popout charts provides access to market depth, positions, and open orders. A regular order window opens up when clicked on Buy or Sell in the Trade panel.
Did you know?
- The trade from charts feature isn't available for the Heiken-Ashi charts since the price shown on the Heiken-Ashi charts are different from the Last Traded Price (LTP). To learn more, see Why is there a difference in the LTP on the marketwatch and the chart?
- If a client places an SL-M order and subsequently modifies it using TFC, the order will be converted into an SL order while maintaining the same trigger and limit price.