What are the documents required to open a HUF account at Zerodha?
A HUF may open an account at Zerodha after duly submitting the below documents:
The Karta seal/stamp is mandatorily required on all the signature fields and proofs required. All KYC documents are also required to be attested by the Karta.
2. The PAN card copy of the HUF and the PAN card copy of the Karta.
3. Address proof copy of the HUF and the address proof copy of the Karta of the HUF.
4. Income proof in the form of the Bank Passbook/ Statement of the HUF indicating its existence.
5. Photocopy of the PAN card of the Co-parcener.
7. A physical or webcam verification, as part of the mandatory IPV requirement for all brokers, is required for non-individual accounts. Either a representative of the client would require to visit a Zerodha branch office OR a representative of Zerodha would be required to visit the offices/residence of the client to complete the IPV procedure.
Note: The Power of Attorney(PoA) has to be signed by all the members of the HUF. (Minor co-parcener/members signatures are not required). In case there are more than 3 co-parcener/members, the space between the signature boxes in the POA can be used as indicated below -
The same Co-parceners/members who have signed in the PoA must also sign in the HUF Annexures (point 6).