What are the charges applicable to a Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) account?
The charges applicable for a HUF account are as follows:
- Account opening charges: ₹500 towards Equity and Commodity trading account opening charges.
A commodity account cannot be opened without opening an equity account. See Can a commodity account be opened without opening an equity trading and demat account?
Account Maintenance Charges (AMC):
₹75 + 18% GST per quarter, i.e. every three months starting from the account opening date.
- Equity delivery: 0.1% or ₹20 per executed order, whichever is lower.
- Equity intraday: 0.03% or ₹20 per executed order, whichever is lower.
- Futures: 0.03% or ₹20 per executed order, whichever is lower.
Options: ₹20 per executed order.
Call and Trade Charges:
₹50 per order placed by the dealer at Zerodha.
- GST: 18% applies to the brokerage.
Did you know?
- Except for the equity delivery brokerage charge, the brokerage for a HUF account is the same as an individual account. However, account opening charges are higher due to higher compliance costs.
- A brokerage of ₹40 per executed order will be charged instead of ₹20 while placing an F&O order if the Zerodha account has a negative balance.
To learn the various charges, see List of all fees, charges, and taxes on trading and investing – Zerodha.