What is the procedure to open an account with Zerodha as a Trust?
The procedure to open a Trading & DEMAT account at Zerodha is similar to opening a Partnership account. However, in the annexures, the word 'partnership' should be replaced by 'Trust' and the word 'partner' should be replaced by 'trustee'.
If the trust is registered, the account will be opened in the name of the trust. In case the trust isn't a registered trust, it will be opened in the name of the managing trustee.
Documents required to open an account with Zerodha as a Trust:
- Duly filled Trading & Demat and Commodity forms.
- Annexures for account opening
- Trust deed with investment clause.
- Pan card and address proof of the trust with authorized trust seal and signature.
- Additional copy of PAN and address proof of the authorised signatories with trust's seal and signature.
- Trustees pan card and address proof with self-attestation.
- Individual KYC form filled and signed by each trustees (Trustees have to sign without the stamp on individual KYC's and supporting docs)
- Personalized canceled cheque.
- A copy of the Balance Sheet of the Trust for the last two financial years which is to be submitted every year and if the trust is newly incorporated, then a net worth certificate from a Chartered Accountant is required. with ITR declaration annexure (The balance sheet should have the seal and signature of the Authorized trustee on all the pages).
- FATCA declaration.
- Annexure A for all the trustees who have got more than 15% of the sharing ratio.
- Income proof documents of the Trust which shall include:
(a) 6 months Bank statement/passbook of the trust account.
(b) Latest audited Profit and loss statement.
You can get in touch with us on our account opening helpline 080 47192020 / 080 71175337 to open a trust account. Our representative will guide you through the process of opening a Trust account.