How to link PAN with Aadhaar?
To link PAN with Aadhaar visit eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/bl-link-aadhaar and follow the on-screen instructions.
As per this press release (WEB) from the Ministry of Finance, taxpayers who have not linked their PAN with Aadhaar have to pay a fee of ₹1000 to Income Tax Department (ITD) before submitting the PAN-AADHAAR linkage request.
To learn how to pay the fee, visit youtu.be/ii8rjwox0JE. If payment is made on the Protean (NSDL) portal, please try linking after 4-5 working days from the payment date.
To link PAN with Aadhaar, follow these steps:
- Visit eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/bl-link-aadhaar.
- Enter PAN and Aadhaar and click on Validate.
- Click on Continue, enter the name as per Aadhaar and the Aadhaar linked mobile number.
- Click on I have only year of birth in Aadhaar card if only the year of birth is present on Aadhaar, and then on I agree to validate my Aadhaar details and click on Link Aadhaar.
- Enter the OTP and click on Validate.
To check PAN Aadhaar linking status, visit eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/link-aadhaar-status. Enter the PAN and Aadhaar and click on View Link Aadhaar Status.
- Not a citizen of India.
- Age > 80 years as on date.
- State of residence is Assam, Meghalaya or Jammu & Kashmir.
Did you know?
- While linking, ensure that the name and Date of Birth (DOB) on the Aadhaar match with the PAN. If there is a mismatch, update the name or DOB on Aadhaar. To learn how to update Aadhaar, visit uidai.gov.in/my-aadhaar/about-your-aadhaar/updating-data-on-aadhaar.html.
- Mutual fund purchases and redemption orders may also be rejected by the Asset Management Company (AMC).
- Joint account holders must ensure that the PAN and Aadhaar are linked for all the account holders.