How do I open a demat account if I already have a trading or commodity account?
To open a demat account when you already have a trading account with Zerodha, download the Zerodha demat application ,print it, fill it and then send it to -
153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru - 560078
- Your demat application will only be processed if you are KYC compliant. To check if you're KYC compliant, click here and enter your PAN under 'KYC Enquiry'. If you aren't KYC compliant, you will need to submit the filled KYC form and send this with the demat application form and the KYC documents.
- Once the form is received at the office, the demat account will be opened within 48 hours. If you need help with filling the form, you can create a ticket below or contact us on 080 47192020 / 080 71175337.
- If you had opened only a Trading account with us and if you had not signed up for equity segments, please send us the segment addition form as well.
- Power of Attorney (POA) (PDF) . This is optional, see What is Power of Attorney (POA), and why is it needed?
- Clients need to open both trading and demat account if they only have a commodity account with Zerodha.