Why is the buy average for some shares shown as N/A?
The buy average can be N/A for few reasons:
If you have transferred shares from another broker and haven’t updated the buy price on Console. Follow these steps to update the buy average price:
- Click on Portfolio > Holdings on Console .
- Click on View discrepancy from the options on stocks with a warning symbol.
- Select the stock with a discrepancy, enter the purchase date, price, quantity, and add the trade. The purchase date should be on or before the demat credit date.
- The buy average price will be updated within a day. The buy average price for your holdings will be calculated based on the First In First Out (FIFO) method.
- You can only edit or delete while the discrepant entry status is still 'Pending'. Once the buy average is updated, you won’t be able to edit or delete the entry.
- If a stock is undergoing a corporate action like a bonus or split, the buy average will have to be adjusted. The buy average is automatically updated within a few days from the record date.
- If the stock is received via Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) or if the stock is transferred through an off-market transaction, the buy average needs to be updated on Console.