Why are funds transferred via UPI not added to the Zerodha account?
If you consistently face issues transferring funds from your UPI app, we strongly recommend you try a different UPI app.
The UPI transaction may fail when adding funds to the Zerodha account for any of the following reasons:
- Funds were transferred directly to Zerodha’s VPA or UPI ID from the UPI app instead of using the Add Funds option on Kite or Coin. See How to add funds to the Zerodha account using UPI?
- The UPI ID (VPA) is mapped to a bank account that is not registered with Zerodha. Transactions from an unmapped UPI ID will fail automatically and get reversed within 72 working hours. If the funds are not reversed, contact the bank.
- The UPI request sent to the app was not accepted within 5 minutes.
More than 35 UPI transactions were attempted in a day.
- The daily UPI transfer limit set by the bank was exhausted. UPI transfers have a limit of ₹1 to ₹2 lakh per day. Banks may have further restrictions on the amount per transaction.
- The UPI ID (VPA) was entered incorrectly.
The common error codes from the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) are:
|U30||Debit has failed - Remitter Bank Issue|
|U69||Collect Request Expired|
|U16||Risk Threshold Exceeded - Limit Exceeded|
|Z8||Per Transaction Limit Set by Remitting Member Exceeded|
|ZA||Transaction Declined By Customer|
|U66||Device Fingerprint Mismatch|
|Z9||Insufficient Funds In Customer (Remitter) Account|
|ZE||Transaction Not Permitted To VPA by the PSP|
|Z6||Number Of PIN Tries Exceeded|
|ZH||Invalid Virtual Address|
|U28||PSP Not Available|
|U18||Request Authorisation Acknowledgment Is Not Received|
|UT||Remitter/Issuer Unavailable (Timeout)|
|U54||Transaction ID Or Amount In Credential Block Does Not Match With That In Reqpay|
|ZG||VPA Restricted By Customer|
|U09||Reqauth Time Out For Pay|
|Z7||Transaction Frequency Limit Exceeded As Set By Remitting Member|
|XH||Account Does Not Exist|
|YD||Do Not Honour (BENEFICIARY)|
|AM||MPIN Not Set By Customer|
|YE||Remitting Account Blocked/Frozen|
|B1||Registered Mobile Number Linked To The Account Has Been Changed/Removed|
|BT||Acquirer/Beneficiary Unavailable (Timeout)|