How to add funds to the Zerodha account using UPI?
To add funds to the Zerodha account using UPI, follow these steps:
On Kite app
- Click on Funds.
- Click on Add Funds, and enter the amount.
- Click on UPI and Select the UPI app.
Tap on the collect request on the UPI app, enter the UPI PIN and approve the transfer. Ensure to make the payment from the collect request only and not by initiating a new transfer to Zerodha’s VPA UPI ID from the UPI app.
On Kite web
- Under the Funds tab, click on Add funds.
- Enter the amount and select UPI.
- Enter the UPI ID linked to the bank account registered with Zerodha.
- Tap on the collect request on the UPI app, enter the UPI PIN and approve the transfer. Ensure to make the payment from the collect request only and not by initiating a new transfer to Zerodha’s VPA UPI ID from the UPI app.
A confirmation page is displayed on the Zerodha payment page after succesful transfer.
The funds will start reflecting instantly in the Zerodha account under Pay-in in the Funds tab.
If the have the UPI app installed on another device, the collect request will have to be validated on the other device.
Did you know?
- Up to 35 transfers per day can be made.
- If funds are transferred to the Zerodha account between 12 AM and 7:30 AM, it won't reflect until after 7:30 AM.
- Funds can only be added from the primary or secondary bank account linked with Zerodha. To know how to link an additional secondary bank account, see How do I add a secondary bank account to my Zerodha account?
UPI transfer has a limit of ₹2,00,000 per day. Banks may have further restrictions on the amount per transaction which can be checked with respective banks. The following banks have enabled ₹2,00,000 per day:
Bank name AU small Finance Bank Axis Bank Ltd. Bandhan Bank Bank of Baroda Bank of India Bank of Maharashtra Bassein Catholic Co-operative Bank Canara Bank Capital Small Finance Bank Ltd Central Bank Of India Citibank City Union Bank CSB Bank Ltd Darussalam Co-Operative Urban Bank Ltd. DBS Bank India Limited DCB Bank Ltd Deutsche Bank Dhanera Mercantile Co-op Bank Ltd Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd Equitas Bank ESAF Small Finance Bank Ltd. Federal Bank GS Mahanagar Coop bank HDFC BANK LTD HSBC ICICI Bank IDBI Bank Limited IDFC FIRST Bank Indian Bank Indian Overseas Bank INDUSIND BANK Jalgaon Janata Sahkari Bank Ltd Jalgaon Jammu and Kashmir Bank Janakalyan Sahakari Bank Ltd Janaseva Sahakari Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd. Pune JIJAMATA MAHILA SAHAKARI BANK LTD Karnataka Bank Karur Vysya Bank Kerala Gramin Bank Kotak Mahindra Bank Lakshmi Vilas Bank Paytm Payments Bank Pragathi Krishna Gramin Bank Pune Cantonment Sahakari bank Ltd Punjab and Sind Bank Punjab National Bank Rajgurunagar Sahakar Rajkot Nagrik Sahakari Bank Ltd. RBL Saraswat Bank SARVODAYA COMMERCIAL CO OP BANK LTD SBPP CO-OPERATIVE BANK LIMITED Shree Panchganga Nagari Sahakari Bank Ltd SHRI ARIHANT CO-OP BANK LTD South Indian Bank Sri Basaveshwar Bank Standard Chartered State Bank Of India Suvarnayug Sahakari Bank Ltd Svc co-operative bank ltd Tamilnad Mercantile Bank The Ahmedabad Mercantile Cooperative Bank Ltd The Banaskantha Mercantile Co-Operative Bank Ltd The Kalupur Commercial Co-operative Bank Ltd THE KARNAVATI COOP BANK LTD The Kolhapur Urban Co-op Bank Ltd The Mehsana Urban Co-Operative Bank Ltd. The New Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd Rampur The Prime Cooperative Bank Ltd The Priyadarshini Nagari Sahakari Bank The Sarvodaya Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd The Sutex Co.op.Bank Ltd. The Visakhapatnam Cooperative Bank Ltd Tirupati Urban Co-Operative Bank Ltd TJSB Sahakari Bank Ltd UCO Bank Union Bank of India UTKARSH SMALL FINANCE BANK LIMITED Vikas Souharda Co-operative Bank Ltd Yadagiri Co-op Bank Yes Bank Ltd