What are the different ways of transferring funds to the Zerodha account?
There are three different ways to transfer funds to the Zerodha account:
- UPI: Instant fund transfers from the registered bank account using UPI for free. UPI transfers must be initiated from Zerodha’s payment gateway for the funds to be updated to the Zerodha account instantly. To learn how to transfer money using UPI, see How to add funds to the Zerodha account using UPI?
- Instant payment gateway: This comes at a charge of ₹9 + 18% GST with the convenience of instant credit. To learn how to transfer money using the instant payment gateway, see How to add funds using netbanking on Kite?
- IMPS/NEFT/RTGS/Cheque: Fund transfer using IMPS/NEFT/RTGS is free at Zerodha. However, bank charges may apply. See How to transfer money to my Zerodha account using IMPS,NEFT or RTGS? Fund transfer using cheque is free. To learn how to add funds through cheque, see How to add funds to Zerodha using a cheque?
Did you know?
Zerodha accepts UPI transfers made only through the
interface on Kite. Digital wallet transfers or transfers initiated directly from a UPI app will not be accepted.
- If an email or phone call is received claiming to be from Zerodha soliciting fund transfers to an account number that is not mentioned on Funds page or if any spoofed (duplicate/unofficial) Zerodha website is noticed, create a ticket immediately with those details. Never provide sensitive account information like support code, password, client ID or personal details in response to an email.
- SEBI regulations do not allow Zerodha or any other broker to accept deposits via cash/Demand Draft(DD).