How do I add money to my trading account in Zerodha directly through Kite?
You can add funds directly using the payment gateway. There will be payment gateway charges of ₹9 + 18% GST per transfer. The minimum amount to be added is ₹50/-.
Alternatively, you can transfer funds up to ₹2 lakhs for free using UPI. See How to add money to my account using UPI?
The payment gateway transfer through Kite currently is only possible for the following banks:
|Union Bank of India|
|Karur Vysya Bank|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank|
|Laxmi Vilas Bank (DBS)|
|Bank of Maharashtra|
|Indian Overseas Bank|
|IDFC FIRST Bank|
|City Union Bank|
|Catholic Syrian Bank|
|State Bank of India|
|AU Small Finance Bank|
The steps to transfer funds using the payment gateway are as follows:
- Under Funds click on Add funds.
- Enter the amount.
- Select the segment, i.e., equity or commodity
- Select Primary or Secondary bank
- Select Netbanking and click on Continue.
Authorise the transfer on the net banking portal. If you face issues on the internet banking page, contact your bank’s customer support for assistance.
- After authorising the payment, a window will pop up shortly with the details and status of the transaction.
Did you know?
- You may not be able to use the payment gateway to add funds if you have a current bank account. You can alternatively use IMPS/NEFT or RTGS. See How to transfer money to my account using IMPS,NEFT or RTGS?
- Funds transferred to your account between 12:00 AM and 7:30 AM, won't reflect until after 7:30 AM. Fund transfers only from the linked bank accounts will be accepted. You can have more than one bank account linked to your Zerodha account. To see your linked bank accounts, visit console.zerodha.com/account/bank. To add an unmapped bank account as a secondary bank account, see How do I add a secondary bank account to my Zerodha account?