How to add funds using netbanking on Kite?
Alternatively, funds up to ₹2 lakhs can be transferred for free using UPI. See How to add money to my account using UPI?
Payment gateway transfers through Kite are currently only possible for the following banks:
|Union Bank of India|
|Karur Vysya Bank|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank|
|Laxmi Vilas Bank (DBS)|
|Bank of Maharashtra|
|Indian Overseas Bank|
|IDFC FIRST Bank|
|City Union Bank|
|Catholic Syrian Bank|
|State Bank of India|
|AU Small Finance Bank|
To add funds using netbanking, follow these steps:
- Click on Funds and then on Add funds.
- Enter the amount to be transferred.
- Select the segment, i.e., equity or commodity
- Select primary or secondary bank
- Select Netbanking and click on Continue.
- Authorise the transfer on the net banking portal. If you face issues on the internet banking page, contact your bank’s customer support for assistance.
After authorising the payment, a window will pop up shortly with the details and status of the transaction.
Did you know?
- Funds cannot be added through the payment gateway using a current bank account. To transfer funds using a current bank account, use IMPS, NEFT or RTGS. To learn more, see How to transfer money to my account using IMPS,NEFT or RTGS?
- Funds transferred to the Zerodha account between 12:00 AM and 7:30 AM, won't reflect until after 7:30 AM. Fund transfers only from the linked bank accounts will be accepted. More than one bank account can be linked to Zerodha. To see the linked bank accounts, visit console.zerodha.com/account/bank. To add an unmapped bank account as a secondary bank account, see How do I add a secondary bank account to my Zerodha account?