How do I add money using UPI to my trading account?
You can add money to your trading account using UPI which is linked to your Primary or Secondary bank account with Zerodha.
You can use any UPI app (Google Pay, BHIM , etc) to transfer funds from your bank account to your trading account.
You can follow these steps to add money to your Kite App using UPI
Click on Funds > Add Funds > Enter the amount > Click on UPI > Select the UPI app
For Kite web:
- On Kite, select the FUNDS tab and click on ‘ Add Funds ’
- Select UPI as the Payment mode.
- Enter your UPI ID linked to your Bank Account (The bank account must be linked to your Zerodha trading account).
- On the UPI app on your phone, you’ll receive a collect request from Zerodha. You need to approve the transfer. This will require you to enter your UPI PIN.
Just enter the app and approve the transfer. This will require you to enter your UPI PIN. (Also, you’ll have to ensure you make the payment from the collect request only and not by initiating a new transfer to Zerodha’s VPA (UPI ID).
Once that’s done, you’ll see a confirmation on the Zerodha payment page that looks like this:
You will have to click on ‘Close’ in this window because if you don’t, the fund transfer can take some time and may not be immediate.
Once you do, the funds will start reflecting in your Account under Pay-in under the FUNDS tab.
- Most banks have a daily UPI transaction limit of Rs 1 lac. Some banks can have a lower limit. You will not be able to transfer funds if your daily bank limit has been exhausted.
- If you transfer funds to your trading account between 12 AM & 7:30 AM, it won't reflect on your trading terminal until after 7:30 AM.