How to add a secondary bank account to a Zerodha account?
To add a secondary bank account, follow these steps on Console:
- Click on Account.
- Click on Bank.
- Click on Add bank account.
- Enter the account number and IFSC and accept the undertaking.
- Select to receive the OTP via e-mail or mobile and click on Send OTP.
- Enter the OTP and click on Verify.
The request is processed within 48 working hours, and a confirmation email is sent.
There are no charges to add or modify a secondary bank account.
Secondary bank accounts can only be used to transfer money to the Zerodha account. Withdrawals cannot be made into the secondary bank account and can only be made into the primary bank account.
Did you know? If a joint bank account is being linked as the secondary bank account, and the Zerodha account holder is not the first holder, create a ticket and submit any one of the following bank proofs:
- A self-attested scanned copy of personalised cancelled cheque with the name printed on the cheque leaf.
- A self-attested copy of the bank statement with the name, IFSC and MICR numbers clearly visible.
- A self-attested copy of the bank passbook with the name, IFSC and MICR numbers clearly visible.