How to activate Coin?
Coin is activated by default for all users with a Zerodha demat account. Coin account can be marked inactive if:
- The Zerodha account was recently opened. It can take up to 24 hours from account opening for Coin to be activated automatically. Clients do not have to undertake any action.
- If the account was opened before September 15, 2015, the demat account would be with IL&FS. To activate Coin, switch the demat account from IL&FS to Zerodha. To know how, see How to switch demat account from IL&FS to Zerodha?
- If a Zerodha trading account is opened without opening a demat account. The Zerodha demat account must be opened to activate Coin. To know more, see How do I open a demat account if I already have a trading or commodity account?
- If the Zerodha account is dormant. To activate Coin, clients will have to do a rekyc. To learn more, see How to reactivate the Zerodha account?
- Coin is activated only for NRI non-PIS account holders and is not activated for other types of NRI account holders. To learn more see, Can Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) invest in mutual funds through Coin?