How do I apply for a rights issue at Zerodha?
The Rights Issue shares will be available at a discount to the market price, almost like an open privilege to all the shareholders of the stock.
The process of applying for a rights issue is through ASBA (Applications Supported by Blocked Amount). If your bank supports it, you can apply online just like an IPO.
If not then you would have received a courier of the Composite Application Form (CAF) from RTA (Registrar and Transfer Agent) of the company. You will have to fill the form and submit it at a Self Certified Syndicate Banks (SCSBs) branch.
The details of the Rights issue will be mentioned in the form which primarily includes the Rights Issue ratio and the Book closure date.
The details to be filled are:
- *Cheque/DD details (non ASBA)
- Select NSDL - if your DP starts with IN. Select CDSL if the DP ID is completely numeric.
- Your PAN number. If you have a joint account then fill in the PAN of the second holder.
- Fill your DP details. You can find your DP ID and the Beneficiary number under the profile section of Console.
- Your signature. Signatures of both account holders if it is joint account.
Once done you can submit at any branch of a Self Certified Syndicate Banks (SCSBs). The list of banks can be found on the application from itself.
Once the issue allotment is completed, the stocks will be credited to your DEMAT account within 15 to 20 days from the Book Closure date.
For an example on how to apply for a Rights issue, check out this post on TradingQ&A.