How to apply for buybacks, takeovers, delistings and OFS at Zerodha?
The process to apply for corporate actions such as buybacks, takeovers, delistings and offer for sales (OFS) depends on whether a Power of Attorney (POA) has been submitted or not. See How can I check if I have a POA or non-POA account with Zerodha?
The steps to be followed without POA and with POA are mentioned below:
CDSL authorization is required to apply. Visit
What is the CDSL TPIN and how do I use it to sell my stock holdings?
- Visit console.zerodha.com/dashboard.
- Click on Portfolio and then Corporate actions.
- Hover on the stock, select Options and click on Place Order.
- Enter the number for tender and click on Submit.
- Authorise using CDSL TPIN and verify the OTP on the pop-up window.
- Hover on the stock again, select Options and click on Place Order.
- Enter the number of shares for tender and click on Submit.
- Visit console.zerodha.com/dashboard
- Click on Portfolio and then Corporate actions .
- Hover on the stock, select Options and click on Place Order .
- Enter the number of shares and click on Submit .
- The required shares have to be present in the demat account before the closure of the offer end date. Do not sell the shares after placing the order. Only shareholders who hold the shares as on the record date are eligible for the corporate action.
- Orders for buybacks, takeovers and delistings can be placed in two tranches. The first one is collected until 6:00 PM, one trading day before the offer end date, and another one is collected from 6:00 PM till the end date until 1:00 PM.
- The charges for the orders placed online are ₹20 + GST. These charges are non-refundable regardless of whether the orders are accepted or rejected.
- Once the order is placed, the status will be shown as Order received.
- Shares offered more than the acceptance ratio are credited back to the demat account by the RTA, and the funds for the accepted shares are directly credited to the bank account. In case the funds are rejected by the bank, it will be credited to the Zerodha account within 4 days.
- Shares have to be tendered during the offer window. They cannot be tendered after the offer window closes.
- The details of upcoming buybacks, takeovers, delistings and OFS can be found on the Zerodha Bulletin zerodha.com/marketintel/bulletin/.
- Offline minor accounts do not have access to Console. Create a ticket to get the Transaction registration slip(TRS) if the RTA requires the guardian to submit it.
All the corporate actions can be viewed on this list ( DOC ).