Search for an answer or browse help topics to create a ticket
View all categories

What to do if I missed applying for a delisting?

If you have missed applying for the delisting, you can tender these shares offline directly to the company, and they will buy it back from you. Here are the details you’d want to know:

Tender Window: You will have one-year period from date of unlisting to tender these shares to the company. You can tender these shares anytime during this period.
Price: The tender price will be fixed at the exit price fixed by the company.
How: As a Shareholder, you would have received the “Exit Application form” that needs to be duly filled and submitted to the company registrar. Shareholders are also required to transfer these securities held in their demat account to the designated demat account of the company. The mode of transfer will be “off market” and you will have to get in touch with your DP to initiate such a transfer through DIS. You can read about off-market share transfer here .

After the transfer has been made, a counterfoil/photocopy of their depository participant instruction slip evidencing transfer of dematerialized Equity Shares to the Special Depository Account along with the duly filled “Exit Application form” are to be sent through a registered post to the registrar.

Funds would be credited to the bank account mapped with the demat account from which the transfer has been made.

In case you don’t receive/or lose the application, then you can contact the registrar for a new application form. If you face any other difficulties, you can get in touch with companies' RTA. They will guide you through the further process.

For more details, you can read this post from TradingQnA.