Why can't I access Kite web with my internet provider?
Zerodha uses Cloudflare as the CDN. If your internet service provider's DNS server fails to support domains under Cloudflare, you may not be able to access Zerodha services like Kite, Coin, Console, etc.
In this case, you can try to change the DNS server to Google's or Cloudflare's public DNS in your computer/phone and that might fix this issue.
In a Windows system, you can follow the below instructions to change the DNS :
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click the Ethernet interface and select Properties. To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click the Wi-Fi interface and select Properties. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
- Click OK.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference. Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers: For IPv4: 188.8.131.52 and/or 184.108.40.206. For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844.
- Test that your setup is working correctly; see Test your new settings .
For Mac OS devices, the steps have been explained here .