What is the market depth screen and how do I view it?
The market depth screen is where you can see the best 5 bids and offers/asks for a particular instrument.
Mouse over the scrip on the MarketWatch or select and hit D to open the market depth. Multiple market depth windows can be opened at the same time. The dynamic market depth bars give you a visual overview of what levels most orders are being placed and you can place an order at any price in the depth with a click on it.
- Qty indicates the quantity available for buying/selling at a particular price
- Orders indicate the number of orders pending at that particular price on the exchange
- O: Open price for the day
- H: Highest price for the day
- L: Lowest price for the day
- C: Closing price of the previous day
- LTT: Last Traded time
- Expiry: For Derivative contracts
- OI: Open Interest
- OI Day High
- OI Day Low