What is market depth and how do I view it?
Market depth shows the best 5 bids and offers and additional data points like Open, High, Low, Close (OHLC), volume, circuit limits and the price of stocks and F&O contracts.
How to view market depth?
Hover on an instrument in the watchlist and click on the market depth icon. Alternatively, select the instrument and hit D on the keyboard.
Did you know?
Zerodha is the only broker that offers 20 market depth or level 3 data with the best 20 bids and offers. See What is the 20 market depth feature, and how do I view it?
What details are available in market depth?
The following details are shown:
- Qty : Quantity indicates the quantity available for buying or selling at a particular price
- Orders : Orders indicate the number of orders pending at that particular price on the exchange
- Open : Open price for the day
- High : Highest price for the day
- Low : Lowest price for the day
- Prev. Close : The closing price of the previous day
- Volume : Volume means the total number of shares bought or sold during the trading day.
- Avg. Price : The average trading price of a stock at a given time during the day. It is also called Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP).
- LTQ : Last traded quantity.
- LTT : Last traded time.
- Expiry : For Derivative contracts.
- Lower Circuit and Upper Circuit : The circuit limit is the price range within which the stock can be traded for that day. See What does circuit limits i.e price bands mean?
OI: This shows the open interest in that particular contract. Open Interest (OI) for F&O contracts is streamed live by the exchange, but the intraday live OI data may be delayed because all intraday open positions, through custodians, are finalized at the exchanges only by the end of the day. Visit
to know more.