How to activate F&O?
To activate equity, currency and commodity F&O, follow these steps:
- Login to console.zerodha.com.
- Click on Account.
- Click on Segment.
- Click on the segments to be enabled.
- Click on Continue.
- Select the income range and income proof 1 and click on Choose file.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Select Email or SMS to receive the OTP.
- Enter the OTP and click on Verify.
The segments will be activated within 72 working hours. If the commodity account needs to be opened, see How to open a commodity account?
Anyone of the below documents will suffice as income proof:
- Bank statement for the last 6 months with an average balance of more than ₹10,000. (Statement must be in the name of the Zerodha account holder.)
- The latest salary slip with gross monthly income exceeding ₹15,000.
- ITR acknowledgement with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
- Form 16 with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000.
- Certificate of net worth more than ₹10,00,000.
Statement of demat holdings with current holdings value exceeding ₹10,000.
Ensure that the income proof file is in PDF format and under 5 MB in size. The proof must contain the logo and seal of the concerned authority.
Did you know? The above option is available for resident individual and non-individual (corporate, partnership account or LLP, etc) accounts. NRI account holders must print out and fill up the segment addition form (PDF) and send it to Zerodha along with income proof.
Courier the documents to:
153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru - 560078