How can the HUF demat account be switched from IL&FS to Zerodha?
To switch the HUF demat account from IL&FS to Zerodha, submit the following documents:
- IL&FS closure letter (PDF). To learn how to fill out the IL&FS closure form, see How to fill up the IL&FS closure form?
- Non-individual demat form (PDF).
- Declaration and Annexures (PDF).
- Self-attested copy of Karta’s and coparcener’s PAN.
- Address proof of HUF and Karta. The latest bank statement as per HUF PAN can be submitted as address proof of HUF.
Once all the documents are ready, e-mail the soft copy of all the forms to [email protected]. The forms will be reviewed in case any corrections are required. After the forms are reviewed, courier the documents to the following address:
153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru - 560078
Once the forms are received, the demat account is opened within 72 working hours, and the IL&FS demat account is closed within 15 working days.
If the KYC of the HUF is not registered, the following documents are required:
KYC (PDF), PAN, and address proof of the Karta and HUF.
Did you know?
- The major co-parcener signatures are required on the Demat Debit and Pledge Instruction (DDPI) and annexure page.
- IL&FS closure forms, Zerodha demat application, annexures, KYC page & supporting documents must be signed by Karta and have the HUF seal.
- This transfer would be considered a closure cum transfer, i.e., closure of the account with IL&FS and transfer out the shares, for which there are no charges.
- If the IL&FS demat account is linked to the Zerodha trading account, holdings cannot be seen or sold on Console and Kite, respectively. Stocks must first be transferred to Zerodha demat account.