How to change the registered mobile number or email address with Zerodha online?
To change the mobile number or email address linked with Zerodha, follow these steps:
- Visit console.zerodha.com/account/personal.
- Click on the edit icon to update the mobile number and/or email.
- Click on the checkbox, select E-mail or Mobile to receive the OTP and click on Send OTP.
- Enter the OTP to verify.
- Enter the new email id or phone number and click on Continue.
- Enter the OTP and click on Verify.
Complete the In-Person Verification (IPV). To learn more about IPV, see
What is In-Person Verification (IPV), and why is it required?
The contact details are updated within 24 hours, and an email notification is sent.
Did you know?
- Non-individual accounts must follow the offline process. To learn how the contact details can be changed offline, see How to change the registered mobile number or email address with Zerodha offline?
- There are no charges for changing the contact details.
- If the OTP verification fails, clients must wait for 5 minutes before trying again.
- If the contact details are modified, clients may receive an email and SMS from CVLKRA with validation instructions. See, Why was an email and SMS sent by CVLKRA informing about email address validation?