What is the procedure to change the registered address for an NRI account?
To change the registered address for an NRI account, the following documents are required:
- Account modification form (PDF).
- Self-attested copy of the passport:
- In case of an Indian passport, a copy of the valid passport with the place of birth as India and a copy of the valid visa.
- In case of a foreign passport, a copy of the valid passport and a copy of the PIO or OCI card.
- Self-attested copy of the overseas address proof. The address proof can be any of the following: Driving licence, Foreign passport, Utility bills, Banker letter attested by the bank (PDF) , Rental agreement or lease or sale deed. Mariner’s declaration or certified copy of Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC) in case of Merchant Navy NRIs.
- Self-attested copy of the India address proof if available.
- FATCA (PDF) if the residing country changes.
Courier all the documents to:
153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru - 560078
Did you know? ₹25 + 18% GST will be charged to change the address. It can take up to 72 working hours to update the address.