Why am I not able to add funds to my trading account through UPI ?
If you consistently face issues while transferring funds from your current UPI app, please use a different UPI app to transfer funds into your trading account.
If you are trying to add money to your trading account using the UPI option, but the transaction is failing, it could be due to the below reasons -
- If you've not followed the steps correctly, it is likely the transaction won't go through. You can refer this article for the detailed explanation on how to add funds to your trading account using UPI.
- The UPI ID is mapped to a bank account that is not registered/mapped with Zerodha (primary bank account). You will have to transfer funds from the same bank account which you have registered with us.
- You have entered your UPI handle incorrectly. You will need to correctly enter your UPI ID, which can be found on the UPI app you are using.
- You did not approve the UPI request sent to you before the request timed out. You will have to accept the pull request sent to you, on your UPI app, within five minutes.
- You tried to transfer money to Zerodha's UPI ID directly using a UPI app, instead of using the 'add funds' option on Kite or Coin.
The common error codes and their descriptions from NPCI are provided below:
- U30 - Debit has failed - Remitter Bank Issue
- U69 - Collect Request Expired
- U16 - Risk Threshold Exceeded - Limit Exceeded
- Z8 - Per Transaction Limit Set by Remitting Member Exceeded
- ZA - Transaction Declined By Customer
- ZM - Invalid/Incorrect MPIN
- U66 - Device Fingerprint Mismatch
- Z9 - Insufficient Funds In Customer (Remitter) Account
- U67 - Debit Timeout
- ZE - Transaction Not Permitted To VPA by the PSP
- Z6 - Number Of PIN Tries Exceeded
- ZH - Invalid Virtual Address
- U28 - PSP Not Available
- U18 - Request Authorisation Acknowledgment Is Not Received
- UT - Remitter/Issuer Unavailable (Timeout)
- U54 - Transaction ID Or Amount In Credential Block Does Not Match With That In Reqpay
- ZG - VPA Restricted By Customer
- U09 - Reqauth Time Out For Pay
- Z7 - Transaction Frequency Limit Exceeded As Set By Remitting Member
- XH - Account Does Not Exist
- YD - Do Not Honour (BENEFICIARY)
- AM - MPIN Not Set By Customer
- YE - Remitting Account Blocked/Frozen
- B1 - Registered Mobile Number Linked To The Account Has Been Changed/Removed
- BT - Acquirer/Beneficiary Unavailable (Timeout)
- Most banks have a daily UPI transaction limit of Rs 1 lac. Some banks can have a lower limit. You will not be able to transfer funds if your daily bank limit has been exhausted.
- From 1st Aug 2018 onwards, If you transfer funds to your trading account between 12 AM & 7:30 AM, it won't reflect on your trading terminal until after 7:30 AM.