Why have I received a UPI collect request from Zerodha, which I did not raise?
A wrong UPI collect request is sent in the following cases:
1. Another Zerodha client has mistakenly entered your UPI ID while trying to add funds on Kite.
- Suppose two account holders of Zerodha namely Ashwin K with UPI id [email protected] and Ashwin L with UPI id as [email protected]
- If Ashwin L enters the UPI id as [email protected], a wrong request is sent to Ashwin K.
If you have not initiated the transfer, please decline the transaction on the UPI app. Even if the transaction is approved, the fund transfer will fail since your bank account is not mapped to their Zerodha account. Fund transfers only from the linked bank accounts will be accepted. You can have more than one bank account linked to your Zerodha account. To see your linked bank accounts, visit console.zerodha.com/account/bank
2. Someone has access to your Zerodha account and has placed a request for you to add funds. If you have not shared your Zerodha login details with anyone, you could be a victim of a phishing attack where the fraudster is trying to get you to add funds to your Zerodha account. You should immediately reset your Kite login credentials in this scenario. See How to reset my Kite password? . Read more about phishing attacks by visiting zerodha.com/z-connect/phishing-scam
Subsequently, they would plan to execute fraudulent transactions with the transferred funds. To know about stock markets scams that every should be aware of visit zerodha.com/z-connect/stock-market-scams
- A fraudster has registered Zerodha as their name in a UPI app and has sent you the request. Please note, only the following are Zerodha’s official UPI ids while adding funds on the Kite trading platform-