How to invest in National Pension System (NPS) on Coin?
To invest in NPS, follow these steps:
- From the Dashboard click on NPS.
- Select I agree and click on Submit.
- Enter the Place of birth.
- Select the Parents name on PRAN as per PRAN.
- Select the Marital status and enter the Spouse’s name.
- Select Heard about NPS from? and Occupation.
- Enter the Nominee's date of birth and select the percentage allocation.
- Click on Continue.
- Select the pension fund of your choice.
- Select the Investment choice.
- Select the Investment plan and click on Place order.
- Enter the investment amount and click on Continue.
- Enter the OTP and click on Verify.
- Complete the payment using Net banking or UPI.
Did you know?
To invest in NPS, a nominee must be added to the Zerodha account. To know how to add a nominee to the Zerodha account, see
How do I add a nominee online in Zerodha?
- If the error Your bank details have to be verified to open a NPS account is displayed, create a ticket by attaching the latest 6-month bank statement or a personalised cancelled cheque of the primary bank account.
- Zerodha charges ₹200 for opening an NPS account, a commission of 0.25% of the contribution amount or ₹30 whichever is higher, plus 18% GST. To learn more, see What are the charges for investing in NPS using Coin?
- NPS investments are not held in demat form, and there is no separate Account Maintenance Charge (AMC) charged for NPS.
- NRI’s, joint account holders, and non-individual account holders (Company, Partnership, HUF, etc.) currently cannot invest in NPS on Coin.