Why was the pinned overview on Kite marketwatch changed to Nifty if no changes were made?
The preferences are saved in the computer’s local memory, called cache. Any changes to the cache may cause the pinned overview, i.e., the Nifty and Sensex, to be reset to default. To learn more about changing the pinned overview, see How can one pin their favorite stock or index on the top of the marketwatch?
The reasons for changes in the cache are as follows:
- Clearing the browser cache.
- Resetting the browser cache.
- Using a different browser to log in to Kite.
- Using a different user ID to log in to Kite in the same browser clears the cache from the previous login.
- In the browser settings, if Keep local data only until you quit your browser option is enabled, the cache is deleted when the browser is closed. Disable this option.