How to update PAN details on an existing Zerodha account?
To update the PAN, create a ticket with the following esigned documents:
- Account modification form (PDF) with signature in the F box. On the KYC page, affix the latest passport-size photograph, sign across the photo in the F1 box, and sign in the F2 box.
- Self-attested copy of the PAN with the signature under Applicant signature.
Self-attested copy of address proof.
If Aadhaar is being submitted as proof, ensure that a masked Aadhaar is submitted, i.e., black out the first 8 digits of the Aadhaar number. Only the last four digits should be visible. To download a masked Aadhaar online, visit myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and tick the Do you want a masked Aadhaar? option while downloading Aadhaar.
- Intimation letter for deletion/deactivation of old PAN from the Income Tax Department (ITD).
- A handwritten and self-attested letter specifying the reasons for cancellation of the old PAN, with the old and new PAN numbers mentioned.
To learn how to eSign documents, s ee How to eSign documents? To learn how to attach documents to a ticket, see How to attach screenshots or documents on tickets?
To update the PAN details offline, courier the above-mentioned documents to:
153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru - 560078
The signature on the forms must match with the signature provided while opening an account. Check the sample account modification and KYC forms (PDF).
Did you know?
Modification charges of ₹25 + 18% GST are applicable.
- Once the documents are received by Zerodha, an email notification is sent to CDSL to verify and update the details. It can take up to 10 working days for the details to be updated.