How to unblock Kite account?
If the Zerodha password entered by the account holder is wrong, the account gets blocked after five attempts. To unblock, follow these steps:
- Visit kite.zerodha.com.
- Click on Forgot user ID or password?
- Enter the User ID and PAN.
- Select Receive on Email or SMS, enter the email ID and captcha, and click on Reset.
- If SMS is selected, enter the OTP received, and if Email ¹ is selected, click on the reset link received on the email to reset the password.
- Enter the new password and click on Continue.
Enable two-factor authentication (2FA). To learn how to set up 2FA see
How to set up 2FA security on Kite web?
Invalid account credentials error
In the case of Invalid account credentials. N attempts remain error, ensure that the correct User ID, PAN, registered email ID or mobile number are entered. If the registered email ID or mobile number is forgotten, update them by creating a ticket with the esigned account modification form (PDF) before resetting the password. See How to eSign documents?
¹If email is selected, the link to reset the password will be sent to the registered email.