How to update or modify the nominee details in Zerodha?
- A nominee can be added online if the mobile number is linked to the Aadhaar and a nominee was not added earlier. To learn how, see How to add a nominee online?
As per the SEBI circular
the deadline for providing the choice of nomination details has been extended to September 30, 2023. Due to the high volume of requests, processing nominee addition requests may take up to 5 days.
Only the following existing nominee(s) details can be modified online:
- Date of birth (DOB) of the nominee
- Email ID
- Mobile number
To modify these details, create a ticket with both the nominee form (PDF) and the account modification form (PDF) e-signed. To learn how to e-sign, see How to esign documents on Digio? The nominee cannot be changed or deleted online. Clients who do not wish to use their Aadhaar to e-sign can follow the offline process.
If the nominee(s) has to be changed, deleted, or if the existing nominee details need to be modified, courier the signed nominee form (PDF), the account modification form (PDF) and the ID proof of the nominee(s). The ID proof can be any one of the following: Aadhaar, Voter’s ID, Driving License, etc. If Aadhaar is being submitted as proof, ensure that a masked Aadhaar is submitted, i.e., black out the first 8 digits of the Aadhaar number. Only the last four digits should be visible. To download a masked Aadhaar online, visit myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and tick the Do you want a masked Aadhaar? option while downloading Aadhaar.
Courier the documents to:
153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru - 560078
The new nominee(s) details will be updated within 72 working hours of receiving the forms.
Did you know?
- An account modification of ₹25+18% GST is applicable.
- An email notification is sent to the nominee if the account holder has not completed the Re-KYC within 30 days. To learn more, see What is the inactivity alert? and Why did Zerodha send an email requesting KYC details to be updated?
- Non-individual accounts cannot have a nominee.
- If the nominee is a minor, mention the guardian details and provide ID proof of the guardian. The account holder cannot be added as the guardian of the nominee.
- The nominee(s) would apply to the trading and demat account, including mutual fund investments made through Coin.
- Joint account holders can only add a nominee(s) offline.
- NRIs can add nominee(s) online, provided their Aadhaar is linked to their active mobile number.
- Charitable trusts cannot be added as a nominee.