How do I add a nominee offline to my Zerodha demat account?
The nomination will be applicable to your trading and Demat account. Since the nominee will be added to your Demat account, the same nomination will be applicable for your Coin (mutual funds) holdings as well.
You will need to send an ID proof of the nominee along with the nomination form. Any ID proof such as Aadhaar, Voter ID, Driving License, etc. will suffice.
To check the nominee in your account, please visit Console .
1. If you want to change the nominee after you have already opened your account and nominated someone, you will be charged Rs 25+18% GST. For this, you will have to send the hard copies of the nomination form along with the Account Modification form .
2. Non-individual accounts cannot have a nominee.
3. If you get the error "Failed to esign" during the online nominee addition ,as shown below, you can upload an alternative document as proof of identity, or you can use this website to remove password protection and upload the file without a password.
4. If the nominee is a minor and the guardian's details are provided, we require ID proof of both the nominee and guardian.
5. After receiving the nomination form, we will process it within 48 working hours.