How to get a Delivery Instruction Slip (DIS) booklet?
A DIS request form (PDF) must be submitted to receive the DIS booklet. The DIS booklet will be couriered within 48 hours of receiving the request.
The instructions to fill out the DIS request form are as follows:
Client ID: Enter the BO ID. See,
What are DP name, DP ID, BO ID and demat ID?
Collected by hand: Select this if the client visits the Zerodha head office to collect the DIS booklet. A self-attested copy of the ID proof and the DIS request form must be submitted.
Additional Booklet: If an additional booklet is needed by a client who has lost Annexure B attached to the existing DIS booklet, this option should be selected. However, if the client has Annexure B, selecting this option is unnecessary, and the additional booklet can be obtained by sending Annexure B to the head office.
Not required to cancel unused slips: This option should be selected if the existing DIS slips are not to be cancelled. In such a case,
create a ticket
Required to cancel unused slips: This option should be selected if the existing DIS slips are to be cancelled. The slip number needs to be mentioned by the client and tick any one of the options, i.e., Lost, Misplaced, or Others (the reason should be mentioned if
To Cancel DIS slips/book: This option should be selected to cancel the DIS slips without requiring extra booklets.
By Authorized Representative: This option must be selected if a representative visits the head office instead of the account holder(s) to collect the DIS booklet. In such a case, the authorised representative must submit the DIS request form and the ID proof, both signed by all the account holder(s). This also applies to non-individual account holders.
Correspondence address: This option must be selected if a client is applying for a new DIS booklet and wants it delivered to their address by Zerodha. DIS booklet will only be sent to the account holder's communication address registered with Zerodha.
- Name and signatures of all the account holders.
The DIS request form can be submitted online and offline:
The DIS request form can be submitted online by individual account holders if their Aadhaar is linked to a mobile number. To submit the request form, follow these steps:
- Print the DIS request form (PDF).
- Fill out the details and sign.
- Scan the form and eSign. To learn how to eSign, see How to eSign documents?
- Create a ticket and attach the e-signed DIS request form, which is vertically aligned.
The esigned forms must be submitted within 30 days from the date of eSign.
If the account holder's Aadhaar is not linked with a mobile number or the client is a non-individual account holder, the offline method must be followed.
If an additional DIS booklet is being requested, fill out Annexure B, available on the last page of the existing DIS booklet and courier it.
Courier all the documents to:
153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru - 560078
Did you know?
- For Non-individual account holders, the seal and signature are required in the DIS request form.
- The first DIS booklet with 10 slips is free. For additional booklets, a charge of ₹100 + 18 % GST and a courier charge of ₹100 + 18 % GST is applicable per booklet.
- To learn how to fill the DIS slip, see How to fill a Delivery Instruction Slip (DIS)? The signature in the DIS must match the signature in the Zerodha account. The signature in the account can be checked by visiting console.zerodha.com/account/documents and selecting Signature proof from the drop-down.
- A maximum of 5 securities (ISINs) can be transferred per DIS. Use the DIS Annexure form (PDF) to transfer more than 5 securities.