How to get a Delivery Instruction Slip (DIS) booklet?
To receive the DIS booklet, submit a DIS request form ( PDF ). DIS booklet will be couriered within 24-48 hours after receiving the request. The instructions to fill out the DIS request form are as follows:
- Enter the BO ID in the client ID field. See What is my BO ID?
- Select the Collection instructions .
- Collected by hand : This option is to be selected if a client is coming over to the Head office to collect the DIS booklet. Self-attested ID proof is to be submitted along with the DIS request form.
: This option is to be selected if a client needs an additional booklet and has lost Annexure B which was attached to the existing DIS booklet. However, if a client has Annexure B, selecting
this option is not required
and the client can get the additional booklet by sending Annexure B to Head office.
- Not required to cancel unused slips : Select this option if the existing DIS slips are not to be cancelled. In such a case, create a ticket below to confirm.
- Required to cancel unused slips : Select this option if the existing DIS slips are to be cancelled. A client needs to mention the slip number accordingly by ticking any one of the options i.e Lost, Misplaced or Others(Please mention the reason if others is selected).
- By Authorized representative : This option is to be selected if the representative is coming to the Head office to collect the DIS booklet instead of the account holder/s. In such a case, the authorised representative must submit the DIS request form and the ID proof signed by the account holder/s.
- Correspondence address : This option is to be selected if a client is applying for a new DIS booklet and wants the booklet to be delivered to their address in Zerodha. DIS booklet will only be sent to the communication address of the account holder that is registered with Zerodha.
3. Name and signatures of the respective account holders.
The DIS request form can be submitted in the following two ways:
1. Online method
If the account holder’s Aadhaar is linked to a mobile number, the DIS request can be e-signed. See How can I esign documents on Digio? to know how to e-sign the DIS request form and submit it by creating a ticket .
Only individual account holders can use the e-sign process. Ensure the following:
- Print the DIS request form, fill it along with the signature, scan it and then e-Sign the form.
- The form should be vertically aligned while creating the ticket.
If the account holder's Aadhaar is not linked with a mobile number or if a client is a non-individual account holder, they can opt for the offline method.
2. Offline method
- If the DIS booklet is being requested for the first time, courier the DIS request form( PDF ) mentioning the DP ID. See What is my DP ID?
- If an additional DIS booklet is being requested, fill out Annexure B, which can be found on the last page of the existing DIS booklet and courier it to:
153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru - 560078
Did you know?
- A maximum of 5 securities (ISINs) can be transferred per DIS. Use the DIS Annexure form ( PDF ) to transfer more than 5 securities.
- To know how to fill the DIS slip, see How do I fill in a DIS slip? . The signature in the DIS should match the signature in the Zerodha account. The signature in the account can be checked by visiting console.zerodha.com/account/documents and selecting Signature proof from the drop-down.
Charges for the DIS booklet
Each DIS booklet has ten slips, and the first one is free. ₹100 + 18 % GST and a courier charge of ₹100 + 18 % GST will be charged per additional booklet.