How to fill a Delivery Instruction Slip (DIS)?
To fill the DIS, follow the instructions in the image below:
- First/Sole Holder’s Name: Specify the name of the account holder as mentioned in the demat account.
- Client ID: Specify the 8 digit BO ID. To know the BO ID, see What is my DP name, DP ID, BO ID, and demat ID?.
- DP ID: Enter the last digit of the DP ID, either 0 or 1. Visit console.zerodha.com/account/demat to know the last digit.
Specify the ISIN of security to be transferred as per the transaction statement. To find the transaction statement, see
Will Zerodha send me holding statements for my investments?
* Maximum of 5 securities (ISIN's) can be transferred per DIS. Use the DIS Annexure form (PDF) to transfer more than 5 securities.
* To transfer securities to multiple accounts, use separate DIS for each account.
- Security Name: Name of security to be transferred.
Quantity in Figures:
Specify the quantity in numbers.
Quantity in Words:
Specify the quantity in words.
To be kept blank.
No of Annexures (if any):
Mention the number of DIS Annexures
attached to the slip in case more than 5 securities are being transferred.
Bank details if it is an off-market sale of security. If it is not an off-market sale of security, the field can be left blank.
Off Market Trade:
While making an off-market transfer, specify the counter DP details, i.e., the DP details to whom the securities are being transferred.
*Tick the depository option, CDSL or NSDL.
*Counter DP ID, Client ID details, and BO name (account holder's name).
*Tick the settlement details as BO-BO.
- If the securities that are being transferred aren’t listed or don’t trade on the exchanges, leave this field blank.
To be kept blank:
Zerodha will fill in the date after the DIS is executed.
The account holder's signature must be affixed as per the signature recorded in the Zerodha demat account.
To check the signature as per Zerodha records, see
Where can I check the documents that I submitted while opening an account?