How can I transfer shares from my Zerodha account using CDSL Easiest?
Once you have registered for easiest, you can follow the following steps to transfer shares:
1. Log in to CDSL Easiest and select 'Setup' on the Transaction section.
2. In this page, you need to select 'Bulk Setup'
3. You need to select 'Transaction' and enter the execution date and enter the Beneficiary owner ID(BOID), you need to transfer the shares to. Click here to check how to add a Trusted Beneficiary Account.
4. You need to select the ISIN. When you click on Account ISINs, you can see a list of all the ISINs in your holdings. Select the ISIN and enter the quantity and select the reason for trade from a list given.
5. You can see the ISIN details here. Now, you need to click on 'Submit' to setup.
6. On submission, you will get this message. Next, you need to verify your request.
7. Click on verify
Note: You needn't fill the Exchange ID, Counter Party Exchange ID, Market Type, Counter Party Market Type, Settlement ID and Counter Settlement ID for off-market transactions.
8. You should click on 'Commit'
9. Enter your CDSL easiest PIN. This is not your 6-digit numeric CDSL TPIN. It is an 8-digit alphanumeric PIN that you would have received on your registered email id when you registered on CDSL easiest.
10. With this your share transfer request is submitted.
This is now sent to your DP for confirmation. On confirmation, the request is approved and the transfer will be done.
1. Off-market transfer request submitted till 6 PM on trading days will be processed the same day.
2. If your off-market transfer is not a gift/self-transfer and involves consideration, you will need to pay stamp duty to CDSL before making the transfer.
3. The charges to transfer shares in an off-market transaction are 0.03% of the transfer value or Rs. 25, whichever is higher. You (transferor of the shares) will also have to pay stamp duty at 0.015% on the consideration amount to CDSL on their platform. Learn more.